Requirements for Freshmen:
1. TACHS Exam
2. Report cards or transcript from 6th, 7th, and 8th grade (most recent grades)
3. MRHS Application (including required writing sample on one of the topics provided)
250 word writing sample on one of the topics below:
i. Short story of your choice
ii. Think of a person who made a positive difference in your life. What qualities does that person have that you admire?
4. Letter of recommendation from a teacher, school counselor, or principal
The deadline for Freshmen Admission has passed. If you are still interested in applying, please contact Alyssa Child at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TACHS Code for Maria Regina is 228
- Students who have taken the TACHS exam and listed Maria Regina as one of their three choices are considered for admission, although greatest consideration is given to those students who have listed Maria Regina as their first choice.
- For students that DID NOT take the TACHS exam, and wish to apply for 9th grade admissions to Maria Regina High School for the 2023-2024 academic year, please submit all documents listed (2-4) above.
- Students who have taken the TACHS exam are given priority consideration for admission. The applications of students who did not take the TACHS exam will not be considered until after January 18, 2023 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis once all supporting documents have been submitted.
Requirements for Transfer:
We welcome transfer students to the 10th and 11th grades. To be eligible to transfer, students must submit the following documents:
- MRHS Transfer Student Application
- School Record Information Form (must be completed by school counselor or school official)
- Copies of all academic records (report cards/transcripts) from high school, including your most recent report card. Transfers for 10th grade must also submit their final report card from 8th grade.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, school counselor, or principal
- Interview with the Admission Committee once all supporting documents are received.
For questions, please contact Alyssa Child, Director of Admissions at 914-761-3300
ext. 3202 or email at email@example.com.